The Most Essential Things to Remember When Moving Home in Rugeley, Staffordshire
Moving home involves a lot to think about, following our checklist and tips on the essential things to remember when moving home in Rugeley, Staffordshire, will ensure you make the correct decisions for your house removal when moving home Rugeley or any other area in Staffordshire, including, Uttoxeter, Eccleshall, Cannock, Litchfield or Tamworth.
Stay one step ahead of your move with the essential things to remember when moving home in Rugeley, Staffordshire
The Essential Things to remember when moving home in Rugeley, Staffordshire – Checklist and Tips
- If possible, before you book a house removals company, try to have an idea of when exactly you’ll be completing and moving home.
- Try to obtain a few removal quotes if possible, don’t go with the cheapest quote as this may not always work out to be the best. Choose with a removals company that are 100% confident that they can carry out such a move and provide you with the exact removal services, you require.
- Book your house removals company at least 3-4 weeks, prior to your move. This will give your chosen moving company the time to prepare for your move.
- If you feel you may need storage for a couple of items, organize this, 4 weeks before you move and have your space booked in.
- Pack items that you will not use, like picture, dvds and ornaments.
- Having your house removals company carry out your packing service is more efficient and effective, especially when you have a lot to pack and don’t have the time to do it your self.
- Speak to your estate agents and find out, exactly when on the day of your move, will you receive the keys to your new home. This is very important as it can cause delays in the moving process, when you are waiting to load furniture in to your new home.
- Notify all gas, water, electric, t.v, Royal Mail, phone and broadband suppliers of your move date and arrange to have connections set up at our new home destination.
- If moving home in Rugeley with children, notify their schools of the move, so they can forward on all relevant paper work to their new schools.
- Give your self and the children the chance to say good-bye to friends and family, especially when moving far away. Provide them with your contact details, so they can stay in touch.
- Before leaving your property for the last time, check all rooms are empty and nothing valuable is left behind, turn out all lights, lock windows and doors, check the meter reading.
- If moving far away, check your car is road worthy, check it has petrol or diesel, carry some lunch for the jearny ahead
- When moving home with pets or children, arrange for them to spend the day out, with a family member. This will help you to relax and get on with the important task, that needs to be completed when moving home, like the cleaning of the rooms once they have been emptied by the removal men.
- Keep an eye on the removal men and that all items of furniture is loaded on to the removal truck.
- Gather all key for the doors and windows, place in an envelope and hand to the new home owners.
- Try to arrive at your new home before the removal men arrive, this will give you time to clean your home before the removal men off load your furniture.
- Decide where you would like the removal men to place your furniture and belongings around the house.
- As the removal men bring boxes in to your home, it can be handy to have some one to help you un-pack the boxes as they come in to your home. This will save massive amounts of space in your new home, instead of being clogged with boxes, with no space to walk.
- If requested your chosen house removals company in Rugeley, Staffordshire, will complete a un-packing service for you, finalizing your move.
Book Your Free No Obligation Home