Moving, selling or buying a new home? Here’s how to get the best out of your Estate Agents when moving home in Tamworth Staffordshire
Follow our simple steps on how to get the best out of your estate agents when moving home in Tamworth Staffordshire. Buying a house, or selling your current home, our guide will ensure that you are always stay one step ahead of your estate agents when moving home.
1. Do Some Research
The first thing to do when considering how to get the best out of your estate agents when moving home in Tamworth is to take a visit to the area your estate agents advertise in. Check to see if they have sign-boards up in the area and offices situated close by. Keep an eye out for sign boards displaying that have been “sold”. This is a good indication that the estate agents are selling properties and not sitting on a list of unsold properties.
2. Ask For Recommendations
Speaking to friends, family, work colleges and local business can help you to determine which estate agents will be good for you. Speak to neighbors that have for sale or sold signs outside their homes can give you a personal recommendation and insight into how the company profiles. If they have experienced using an estate agent in your area, they may be able to pass on vital information to you.
3. Search the internet
Check the net to see which companies are listed within your areas and has the greatest presence online, contact them so they can explain the process to you. All estate agents will have different terms and conditions, check these through thoroughly and start to make a decision.
4. Where will your home be advertised
One of the most important things you will want to know when choosing your estate agents when moving home in Tamworth is where they will be marketing your home and what methods they use to sell or rent your property. These are very important factors you should know, as the longer your home is on the market the more capital fees you will have to pay out.
5. Check your estate agents are members of Trade Bodies and Unions
- Guild of Professional Estate Agents (GPEA)
- National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
Your estate agents will need to be members or part of The Property Ombudsman or The Surveyors Ombudsman Scheme. This gives you the reassurance that they will have to comply within a strict and targeted guide lines, ensuring professionalism at all times.
6. Decide how many estate agents you want to sell your home ( Sole, Joint or Multi Agency)
Depending on your circumstances and how soon you need to sell will depend on whether you choose a single agent or multiple agents to sell your home. Many people have more than one agent either joint or multi agencies trying to sell their home, this can be a more expensive option but is defiantly something to think about when considering how to get the best out of your estate agents when moving home in Tamworth.
- Sole Agency is cheaper and can have lower commissions. This method does not guarantee a quick sale of your home and the property is on the market for a set period of time.
- Joint Agency gives the authority for two estate agents to market and sell your home, this gives your home the exposure it needs, for a quicker sale. Once the property has been successfully sold the, commissions will be shared among the estate agents.
- Multi Agency is the most expensive but this option means your property will be listed on the market, online giving the property the best exposure to potential home buyers.
7. Getting the best deals
An important factor when thinking about how to get the best out of your estate agents when moving home in Tamworth is to get the best possible deals you can. Haggle the estate agents for the best possible prices, this is similar to fishing for cheap car insurance, but in this case, there is a lot of capital involve, so getting the best deals is vital. Any estate agents will welcome you with open arms, it’s up to you to ensure you receive the best out of them at all time.
8. Questions to ask your estate agents when buying or selling your home
- What methods will be used to sell or rent my property
- What methods will be used to value my property
- How will the asking price be worked out
- How long will it take to sell or rent
- What happens if the property is not sold or rented
- Why should we use your estate agents
- What are the fees for Sole, Joint and multi agency
- Why is the owner selling
- How long has it been on the market
- What else do i get with the sale
- How long has the property been occupied
- Can i speak to the sellers