Practical advice on how to move your TV licence to your new address when moving house in East Midlands
In most cases you can simply change the address of your T.v license online, up to three months before you move. You just need your T.v license number.
You can also update other details online at the same time. For example:
- You may have changed your name, email address or telephone number when you moved.
- You can buy a new T.v license online if you do not have one to transfer.
- If you are not moving in straight away you can tell us the property is empty.
If you need to cancel a T.v license when you move:
- You’v moved in with someone who already has a T.v license
- You can cancel a T.v license easily online. If you have any quarters (3, 6, or 9 months) left on your license you can apply for a refund.
If you want to transfer a T.v license to someone you were living with
- The other person must be part of the same household, such as a spouse, partner or joint tenancy holder.
- If the other person has moved in after you have moved out, you should cancel your T.v license at that address.
You wont be watching or recording T.v at your new address
- You can cancel your T.v license easily online and apply for a refund.