How To Pack Clothes For Moving House
Helpful advice on how to pack clothes for moving house
Moving house can be exciting and stressful. While it offers an opportunity for change and reinvention, it also comes with to-do lists and details and a lot of packing. It might seem like your clothes will be easy to move and require only suitcases and duffle bags, but you might want to be a little more organized than that. Clothing is heavy, and it is important to keep your garments safe from damage and dry when transporting it from your old home to your new home. Pack clothes for moving by planning ahead and using the proper packing materials.
- Throw out what you don’t need: There is no sense in packing and moving clothes that you no longer wear.throw out any clothing that is stained or torn, donate any clothing that is still in good shape and does not fit you or is not appropriate for the climate in your new home.
- Put aside clothing you will need immediately. You will probably not finish all of your unpacking on the first day of your move, so keep a small bag with a few changes of clothes that you can use when you first arrive at your new home.
- Invest in wardrobe boxes These tall boxes include a metal bar at the top, so clothing can hang. They are ideal for suits, dresses and other items you do not want to fold. You can buy removal boxes from the mnmrmovals.co.uk/shop/
- Use bin liners for any additional clothing Using bin liners or bags to pack any additional clothing is a lot more cost effective and will help save space in the van for your move.
- Pack shoes separately from your clothing This will prevent your clothes from getting dirty.Use shoe boxes to pack your shoes if you still have them. You can stack the shoe boxes on top of one another in a larger box.Stuff shoes with socks or paper to ensure they keep their form and do not get crushed if you are packing them without shoe boxes.