Things not to do when moving house
Here are easy mistake to make and what you should do instead. Follow our 6 things not to do when moving house.
- Hiring a removal firm with out getting a survey completed
Most removal firms work by volume of the items. To ensure you are provided with the correct vehicle your items will be listed by a surveyor who will visit your home to discuss your requirements (No charge should apply for a survey). In some cases a larger vehicle will be needed in other cases a smaller vehicle would require numerous trips.
- Using your final sweep of the house to look for new items to take
- Setting up new services after your removal
There is generally a time delay when disconnecting and reconnecting your household services, this is why we recommend you call in advance particularly Gas and Electric suppliers as they usually have the longest delays. The same may also apply for telephone and broadband connection.
- Not Labeling your boxes
We recommend when packing your boxes you should label them with the room they are going to be put in with a brief description of the contents. This will make your move a lot easier when its time to unpack in your new home.
- Spending to much time packing easy items and forgetting the important tasks
- Forgetting to record your utility readings