9 Must know questions of what you need to find out before you choose your Leicester home removal company !
Many removal companies are nothing but trouble, choosing an amateurish or inexperienced removal firm will prove to be an nightmare, this could add extra amounts stress to an already stressful occasion! It is easy to avoid the bad home removal firms by asking your chosen removal firm the right questions to ensure that they are not only registered but professional, courteous and thorough. Following our 9 must know questions of what you need to find out before you choose your Leicester home removal company!
- Ask for a surveyor
You should always ask for a surveyor to visit you at your property to assess the amount of possessions you wished to be moved. You would not want the removal firm to turn up with 2 vans when you need 3 . You should not be charged for this this visit, however please make sure you show everything to avoid last minute complications.
- Ask for a written quotation and a fixed price
You should always ask for both, if the jobs is more difficult than first thought, you will not have additional surplus charges. House Removal firms can easily run into unforseen problems, so a fixed price will give you peace of mind.
- Always request details of removals insurance
Depending on the level of cover , you may have to supplement their standard policy if you have very sentimental items that they do not cover, Many household contents policies do not cover household items when in transit.
- Look for removal firms with a land line and full postal address
Most companies operate from a mobile and P.O box, you may also want to check online for reviews and double check they have a legitimate V.A.T number.
- Are they full uniformed how may workers will you have?
- Do they provide removal boxes and is it included within the price ?
- What type of moving equipment do they have?
- How will they take payment?
- Will the movers involved be employees or casual contractors?