Relocating to a new property and wondering how should I pack my house when moving home in Rothersthorpe, Northamptonshire, NN7?
Moving Home – Below we have listed a step by step guide for all home movers wondering how should I pack my house when moving home in Rothersthorpe, Northamptonshire? This will help you to determine what type of packaging materials to use and what type of household items and furniture will need to be wrapped and protected, prior to your home move.
Wrapping and Packing your Big, Bulky Household Furniture
The sofas in your home will be one of the biggest items you will need to ensure is wrapped and protected, there are several ways in which this can be done to great effect.
- The easiest way to protect your sofa is to purchase some sofa protectors, these will help to avoid the sofa from getting dirty or scuffed in any way.
- The other method for packing your sofa is a little complicated than the other. The packaging materials you will need, will be a roll of shrink-wrap, four removal blankets, bubble wrap and cardboard.
- The sofa will be first covered using the blankets, once these are fitted and the sofa is fully covered you can apply (if needed) the bubble wrap and cardboard to the hard corners of the sofa, taped it down and make sure its tight and secure.
- Now you will need to secure the entire sofa using shrink-wrapping, this will hold the removal blankets, cardboard and bubble wrap tightly to the sofa. This packing method is used for shipping sofas abroad.
Wardrobes & Large Cabinets
Wardrobes are fairly simple to wrap, you will need 3-4 removal blankets, shrink-wrap and corner protectors to ensure the wardrobe is protected fully and ready for transportation.
- The first thing you’ll need to do when packing your wardrobe is to make sure the doors are secure. To do this you will need to use the shrink-wrap, wrapping around the middle of the wardrobe. Place the corner protectors on all for corners of the wardrobe and secure using srink-wrap.
- For extra protection you can cover the entire wardrobe with removal blankets and again secure using shrink-wrapping. As wardrobe as whole are very big our packing techniques will help to reduce any damage or scratches being done to your wardrobe when being moved or in transit.
Dining Tables and Chairs
Many dining tables will allow you to take the tops off. This will make wrapping and protecting it, much easier. You will need cardboard, foam wrap and shrink-wrap to prevent scratches or damage being done.
- Start by placing the foam wrap on the table top and secure firmly with tape, once this is secure lay your cardboard out on the table top and again fasten with tape, you will now need to wrap the entire table top using shrink-wrap, which will give you a better grip and protect the table at the same time.
- similar method for the table base, you will need to wrap the table base using the foam wrap and tape. For extra padding removal blankets or bubble wrap can be used.
- Bubble wrap and foam wrap can be very effective when packing your dining chairs, cover the entire chair and stick down with tape, for added protection, wrap a thick layer of bubble wrap around the feet of the chairs or table (especially if its made with glass.
It is never a good idea to cut corners as accidents can happen, if your items and furniture is fully protected prior to transportation, this will be huge relief and weight off your shoulders.
To find out more on how you should pack your home in Rothersthorpe, Northamptonshire, our fast, friendly and professional packing team is just one call away to relieve the stress of your home packing requirements. Whether that be a full or part home packing service, removal boxes and packaging materials, we stock only the best in quality materials to ensure your home belongings are protected the correct way, when moving to your new home.