Following our helpful packing tips when moving home or office which will ensure your home or office is packed safely and correctly
When relocating home or office you will want to be sure your most precious furniture, ornaments, glasses, mirrors and plates avoid getting damage whilst the move is underway, to complete the packing correctly, please follow our expert packing tips when moving home or office listed below.
- The first thing you will need is boxes. Be sure to order boxes that are double wall cardboard boxes that are sturdy and strong.
- Plates, glasses, and cutlery can be wrap using bubble wrap and acid free wrapping paper and then placed carefully into double wall boxes.
- Specialist picture boxes can be bought for large mirrors, picture frames and canvases, be sure to wrap the pictures using good quality bubble wrap.
- Only box clothing that is clean and dry, especially if you are going to be storing them into storage.
- Remember to put all books or heavy items into boxes that you will be able to lift and use large boxes for lighter items like clothes, shoes, bedding etc.
- Wardrobe cardboard boxes are used to hang your best suits on the hangers. Wardrobe boxes will help to keep your best outfits clean and crease free.
- Suitcases can be ideal to for keeping your folded up clothes.
- Every delicate item will need to be wrapped separately using acid free wrapping paper and bubble wrap for extra protection.
- Label all boxes in a colour coded system, number system or with each room. This will prove to be very handy when off loading your boxes in to the correct room.
- Use quality tape to stick your boxes all delicate boxes will need to be sealed using fragile tape.
- When packing the boxes be sure the items are sturdy and do not move around inside the boxes. Place a cushion inside the box to stop the items from moving.
- When packing your tv and electrical equipment try to use original box if possible, if not tv boxes and specialist boxes can be purchased for all your electrical equipment.
- Protect your mattress and sofas by using mattress and sofa protectors, they will protect the sofa when being moved or stored.
- Use corrugated cardboard rolls to wrap larger wooden items and furniture like chest of draws, dinning table and chairs, bed frames and bedside tables, if needed.
- Dismantle all large furniture like wardrobes, table legs, beds, cooker, fridge freezer etc that will not fit or go through the door. Place all nuts, bolts and screws in a bag.
- Try not to over fill the boxes, keep the neat and in shape at all times, to receive maximum protection.
- Pack a bag with your essential items that you will need straight away
- Keep important documentation, passport, bank cards and cheque books safe in the boot of your car, things can go missing when packing, so try to keep them to one side.
Only The Best Packing Tips when Moving Home or Office
If you are moving home in the UK or Abroad you can count on our dedicated team to deliver a first class home or office relocation that you can rely on. To find out more simply get in touch with our friendly customer service team who are on hand to assist you right away with your query.