Self Storage Leicestershire – The simple process of preparing items for self storage in Quorn, Mountsorrel and Rothley Leicestershire
Before planning to move your furniture and items into self storage, there are a few things you will need to do. Completing the following tasks will help to ensure your items and belongings are safe whilst being stored into self storage. The following list will help you to get started and start preparing items for self storage in Quorn, Mountsorrel and Rothley Leicestershire.
Preparing items for self storage in Quorn, Mountsorrel and Rothley Leicestershire
1. Defrost fridge freezer and clean. Before placing the fridge in to storage be sure to leave the doors slightly ajar. This will let air circulate inside keeping the fridge fresh and rot free.
2. Be sure all removal boxes are secure, taped up and labeled. This will save confusion when it comes to taking items out of storage. Easily identifying a box can save you time and effort.
3. When taking down large items like wardrobes and beds for storage, you may want to wrap the bolts in a plastic bag and place in to a box, label and then tape, place all bolts, screws and nuts into the same box.
4. Drain the excess water from the pipes of the washing machine, fridge freezer, dish washer and dryer. This will avoid your items getting soaked or damaged when being stored. Try to drain and clean your appliances at least 24 hrs before your move.
5. Clean and dust down furniture that has been standing for a long time. The top of wardrobes can gather a lot dust, cleaning them before hand will avoid your sofa, furniture and items getting dirty or scuffed.
6. If you have jewelry or other valuable items we recommend that you keep them with you and not in to self storage. Valuable items that are sentimental should be kept in your possession at all times.
7. Avoid storing food unless it is safely packaged. Open tins or used food should be disposed of. Food goes off very quickly and can cause mildew if stored for long periods of time.
8. Wrap wooden, leather, delicate and fragile furniture using either bubble wrap, wrapping paper or removal blankets, this will add as extra protection for your items and belongings, especially when confined into a small storage space.
9. If storing clothing or fabric materials, be sure that they are all cleaned and dry, wet and dirty clothes start mold and smell which will not be a pleasant site when you go to unload your furniture from the self storage unit.
Moving into self storage? Need help preparing items for self storage in Quorn, Mountsorrel and Rothley Leicestershire?
Call Our Friendly Storage Team On 0800 0025 543