How To Protect Your Furniture When Moving Home
Great tips on protecting your furniture when moving home
When moving house it’s important to protect your furniture correctly to ensure that no damage occurs during transit. A professional moving company will go through lengthy measures to ensure your home contents are all carefully wrapped and packed safely. Our few simple steps will give you peace of mind that your valuable possessions reach your new home in perfect condition.
- Items such as dining tables, coffee tables, t.v units and all other items with a scratchable surface should be fully covered with bubble wrap,corner protectors,blankets, cardboard etc.
- Ensure all of your sofas and soft furnishings are protected with sofa protector covers, this will minimize the risk of damage when your items are being moved in tight spaces or are in transit.
- If you are moving items with draws such as a desk or chest of draws it is always best to remove the draws or tape them down to stop any movement during transit which will cause damage to your furniture.
- When moving wardrobes, t.v cabinets or any other items with doors, taping down the doors is always the safest and easiest way to ensure that the doors do not swing open when moved which could cause the doors to break off their hinges.
- When it comes to dismantling your bed please remember to remove all screws and nails etc and keep them together in a safe place for when you arrive at your new home and are ready to re assemble your bed. Also removing the screws helps protect against damage to other possessions during the move.