A guide on how to change your address on your driving licence when moving house in Nottingham & Derby
You must tell Driver and Vehicle Licensing agency (DVLA) immediately of any changes to your address when moving home. Our guide on how to change your address on your driving licence when moving house in Nottingham & Derby will help to make the process quick and simple.
There are two ways on how you can change your address on your driving licence when moving house in Nottingham & Derby. You can either send your old driving licence to DVLA for amendment. A new driving licence will be issued free of charge. Alternatively you can complete the DVLA form online.
When changing your address by post you’ll need to:
- Complete the “changes” section on your paper counterpart, sign and date it.
- Send both parts of your licence – photo card and counterpart document – to:
- DVLA, Driver Licensing Agency County Hall, Swansea, SA99 1BN
- Have your UK driving licence (both parts)
- Provide previous addresses for the last 3 years
- Be a UK resident
- Have a valid passport or other form of identity
- Your national insurance number if known
- Not be disqualified from driving
Informing DVLA of your changed details will ensure your records are up-to-date and all future driving licence reminders are sent to your correct address. Remember, if you permanently move to another country, you can’t register your new address on your Northern Ireland driving licence. You’ll need to contact the driving licence authority in your country of residence.
If you are moving home